Monday, May 31, 2010

The joys of parenting and the guilt of a mother...

I have tried to encourage one-on-one dates with my girls with both mom and dad. And since I will soon be having another baby, I wanted to make sure both girls felt like they were getting enough attention from us. So, Dave took Abby and I took Jeana and off we went. Jeana was partly wanting to go because she still had some birthday money burning a hole in her pocket and we learned from last years experience that if Abby tagged along, she would want the same thing-only the more expensive version (even with no tags showing). Alas, jeana found a wallet which she deemed perfect for the many upcoming trips. And we were on our way home. Jeana showed Abby her new treasure and the tears became and the, "that's not fare, I want one, I need one for our trip too, I have two dollars etc.................." it went on and on. She soon discovered that wasn't working and pulled the, "Mom, I just really want to spend time with you on a date with just me..." As much as I tried not to give in, a few extra chores later I caved and well, so much for bright ideas.

0 comments: