Thursday, May 20, 2010

Jeana's Birthday

I have an eight year old! WOW!  Time does goes fast, but I don't think I could have asked for a sweeter one!
She started off her special day with breakfast in bed.  Growing up, we always got to choose a special cereal for our birthday, so I have kept up the tradition (only because my husband LOVES traditions...haha) So, when I asked Jeana what she wanted, she said, "the cereal with the pirate on the front and it's square and round." After much thought, I finally realized she meant Captain Crunch, and Captain Crunch is what she got!

She started out the morning opening a few presents.  The sad thing is, she usually sees what Abby asks for since Abby's is a few months before hers, and then requests the same things.  I guess it is nice for her to have her own, but kinda sad her creativity doesn't go far beyond Abby's preferences.  She wanted a newborn cabbage patch that is a surprise gender until opened, a zhu zhu pet, a create-your-own storybook, and as a mom it is always a great opportunity to sneak a few new clothes for the upcoming season and then they feel like they get to open more presents!
Sportin' her new shirt.
She wanted an all girl birthday party, so she invited over one family with a boy she likes to play with for pizza on her actual birthday so he could come celebrate too.

0 comments: