Thursday, May 20, 2010

Jeana's Birthday Party



Jeana requested a nature party, but also wanted to do hair and nails.  Usually, I prefer to have a theme to go off of and with the combination, I was stumped.  Then, I talked to my mom and she suggested a "lady"bug party.  PERFECT!  It was the best of both worlds, so they were invited to enjoy a few things in nature, then get all dolled up like a 'lady.'  It was also good timing because my mom found some really cute ladybug party favors etc... I hadn't seen here--thank you mom for saving/creating a fun party, too bad you weren't closer to join in the festivities!


These were the best outfits we could come up with deemed worthy of a red and black themed party.

We had a few other things going on that day, so we did a little brunch and had mini pancakes, blueberry muffins and sausage biscuits with fruit and topped off with the oh-so-healthy-before-lunch cake and ice cream!  

My version of a tasty ladybug

She has a few friends with gluten allergies, so I was going to attempt an ice cream cake, well 9:30 the night before the party rolled around and I decided that sounded like too much work, so instead I made a gluten free cake and combined two cute cakes from a few ideas online.  I really love making fun birthday cakes, but when the clock strikes twelve and things aren't going so well, and the cake starts sinking, just freeze it--it will look great in pictures and that's all that matters, right?!  Besides the kids all opted for the cupcakes anyhow!

Our cute neighbor who is 12, volunteered to do the girls hair and nails...

The girls played a few fun 'bug' games

Ate yummy food

Chalked nice messages to Jeana

Got their hair fixed and helped Jeana open her presents!

It was a really fun party, but also nice to have over and we are definitely ready to just enjoy the summer!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are such a creative mom...I love it. Loved the cake too! Hope you guys are doing well!

--Brooke