Friday, February 13, 2009

White Castle, Romantic...Two words that shouldn't be used together!

  





We have some dear friends who were willing to take our kids so we could go on a date for Valentine's Day/Our Anniversary.  So, last night as we were planning David said, "Well, I know White Castle is taking Valentine's Reservations."  I laughed and said I thought that was funny b/c I thought he was joking.  Then, I went to our city website where they list local events, and come to find out, it is NOT a joke.  White Castle is really taking reservations and they are even serving sliders by candlelight and table side waiters are on hand.  This is why I think women should always be in charge of romantic dates...OR you never know what you will get! j/k Anyhow, we do have yet to try White Castle.  We live down the street from several, but I just haven't managed to drop my standards quite that low, however many people do find their food tasty!  Maybe we will have to take our families there when they come out next month!  Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

5 comments:

Tamra said...

Okay, that's HILARIOUS! I like White Castles myself, but for Valentine's Day? I would only do that so that afterwards I could say, "Guess what we did on Valentine's Day? Yep. White Castles. What's better than that?" ... Somehow that's just wrong.

Kim said...

YUCK!

Sherry said...

I heard it on national tv that they were having candles and everything at White Castle. But I don't know what they are equivalent to here out west. Hope it was a good date!

Jennett said...

So, we opted for a good mexican restaurant that we found here instead of white castle, but I don't know what to compare white castle to. I just know they are small steamed burgers and I am not really even sure if they are made with real meat...if that helps...if you come visit though, we will gladly treat you! j/k

Stephanie said...

That's so funny! We tried White Castle when we were out there and they were disgusting! Do you know they are opening a In-N-Out in Draper? I'm so EXCITED!!!