Thursday, December 10, 2009

Our October

Highlight of Halloween--the freebies.  For any of you who don't know me very well, I am ALL about the freebies.  So, I scouted out freebies for Halloween and when our trick-or-treaters were done we ended with, free ice cream from UDF, free tacos from Taco Bell and the ultimate freebie- Chipotle Burritos.  The catch--you had to come wrapped like a burrito (aka in foil)  Hence, the foil tie, foil crown and foil piggie-tails.  But hey it was almost $40 worth of food!



Abby and Jeana with neighbors on Halloween


Jeana was a queen and Abby was a baby for Halloween.  Both outfits they chose and the best part was--I didn't have to sew this year!


Yummy halloween delights
Each night on the week of Halloween, I made a fun, yet a little spooky Halloween dinner, that David mocked and the girls looked forward to.
Pizza 'Mummy Faces'
Veggie 'Skeleton Dude'
Hotdog 'Gobblins in the Graveyard'
Shepherd's Pie 'Ghosts' and bugs in red juice
Spaghetti and 'Eyeballs'
While the weather was still nice, the girls and I would walk just over 2 miles round trip home from school, it was fun with lots of friends and stops along the way, but the weather has turned cold and I'm a wimp.


Abby carved a cat pumpkin and then was sad she didn't do just a jack-o-lantern in the end, but on Halloween night we had several people comment they liked it, so I think it appeased her concern.


Yeah, Dave loves getting his picture taken, especially on his birthday!
We went to the a Halloween festival at the zoo and had a good time with some friends, however, on the train ride I think the dads lost their kids, but seemed to rather enjoy themselves!

Parky's Farm in the fall is always a lot of fun.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Wow, you are a super cool mom! I love those scary food ideas. Where did you get them? Also, I love the freebies thing too. Whenever you find out about any local freebies, will you send me an email or call me? Jesse teases me about loving free stuff, but hey-it's so fun!

Sherry said...

I love all the food! How did you make the spider with pretzel legs???