Saturday, August 1, 2009

Ward Campout

Here are the three champs...chuggin' away.  However, in the end, the person with the best skills was my hubby...wow honey, I'm so proud of your hidden marshmallow face stuffing skills.
What would a ward activity around a campfire be without a chubby bunny contest?...
The girls and I got to camp early in the afternoon to map things out.  Within five minutes, the girls caught two small frogs, saw a bunny, found lots of sticks and climbed a tree.  They them told me that camping is the coolest thing ever.  They had a really good time.  I asked them if they wanted to go again and they said yet, but only if another family came because they admitted it would be boring if just our family went...after all it's a party when the ward is there.
My calling is Activities Chair.  I must admit (hopefully the bishop doesn't read this) this is the one calling I had dreaded forever I think b/c I knew it was coming.  Partly, I was sad to leave the primary presidency, but I guess it was time.  Anyhow, we had a slow start trying to get the new committee figured out and approving all our activities.  So, my first activity was a ward campout.  We went in blindly to a campsite, but it turned out better than I could have planned.  It rained all week before and started sprinkle Saturday afternoon when everyone was returning, but while camping, the weather couldn't have been better.  We had a good turn out and enjoyed roasting hotdogs and S'mores.

1 comments:

Rachel said...

Jennett,

That campout was AWESOME! Good work for planning it. I'm glad we could make it and we loved the Chubby Bunny contest. Dave is quite talented. ;)