Saturday, June 20, 2009

Fun with Grandma and Grandpa Noakes

What would a summer in Idaho be without a snow cone or two or three?

While it town, Kristal was kind enough to take us swimming at her parents house.  The pool was a lot of fun and the girls had a blast!  Thanks again Kristal and family!



Splish Splash
We took a few cool pics of Jarom showing off his skills.  This one was the best.  Nice air...now try to land it!  :)
For being safe in the boat, Jeana and Abby both got a free ice cream cone from the Sherriff.

She must take after her dad, cause mom would never do this!  :)
The girls made bracelets at the camp and some fun magic camp wands that blew bubbles.
Silly girls.
More fishing...this time with Uncle Jarom.
Jeana quickly grew attached to my cousin Amy and they played pinecone baseball for quite some time together.  Later that day Jeana also got my dad to play baseball with her and it was amazing how many home runs she hit when she was the her own judge!
Grandma Noakes pulled out some of her old, antique dolls for the girls to play with.  So, they built their own house with blankets and pillows and I think they played with those dolls almost the whole time we were there.  They thought those dolls were a very special treat.
The girls really wanted Grandma, instead of me, to cut their hair.  They definitely got a really good cut.  I think both got at least 6 inches cut off.
Abby practicing guitar hero at Corinne's Apartment.
Girls driving grandpa's boat.
It was close to July, so again more fireworks.  We had to leave Grandpa Simpsons house before they finished the fireworks, so he was gracious enough to send some with the girls.
Abby's thought process..."Hey, I have an idea...while my mom is trying to take pictures of everyone up here for my grandparents, I will play in the mud...I'm sure she won't mind THAT much and even if she does, by the time she find out, it will be too late! hee hee."
My uncles couldn't bear the thought of carving a watermelon in the traditional way...but it did turn out much cuter because of their efforts.
Uncle Jarom and again, cute Rylee...no one can seem to get enough of her!
Aunt Corinne and Rylee
More Games...
Nothin' like some fun games on a rainy, muddy day.
Could she look anymore like she has Idaho Blood in her?  What a cutie.
Arts and crafts and I guess according to Abby...silly time too.
Though we didn't get to see Darin and Stacia and their family for long, it was still fun to visit with them.
Abby...just your feet.  Abby...don't go above your knees...Abby your skirt is soaked...Abby you are soaked!
At the camp, there is an obstacle course, the girls had fun on it...until someone got hurt.
After lots of fun with the Simpson family, David headed back for work and the girls and I headed for Boise.  The first weekend we were there, we met up for a Huckstep Family reunion.  My mom's sister wanted to throw my grandparents a surprise family reunion for their 60th anniversary up at the campground where they volunteer for a service mission.  All my mom's siblings were able to come for a short time and it was really fun to see lots of cousins I haven't seen for a while.  Again, it rained on us the whole time, but we still had a good time.  We got to stay at my parents cabin b/c it is only a few minutes from my grandparents cabin and my kids were loving imitating grandpa fishing.  They caught all kinds of pretend fish.  It was really cute.

1 comments:

Jacob and Krista Flamm said...

Yay!!! I'm so glad that you finally posted, it's good to see you're still kickin' j/k. Kaylie loves to check out pics of your girls, she misses them. sorry about the whole hair night a while back, hope everything turned out.