Sunday, April 18, 2010

Camping in Kentucky

I think our whole family was ready for a break, especially Dave.  So, when the Runyan Family invited us to tag along, and even though Dave really didn't have time to take off, he did anyway and we went camping down by Mammoth Caves in Kentucky.  It was a beautiful national park, but a drive.

We did do a little caving or rather playing with flashlights under the ground.

And we all, including baby Kate, made the 2 mile hike.

Notice the girls all have two braids in their hair--thanks to Deanna.

Runyan family.







Funny thing is, the water and mud was the the girls favorite part of the trip, I'm sure the water was cold, but during the day it 80 degrees and at night 50, so I guess to them the mucky water was refreshing.


This is the mud they found in the first five minutes of our trip.  Way to go girls!

2 comments:

Deanna said...

Yay for camping! Can I just copy this post for my blog? =) What fun!

Rachel said...

That looks like so much fun! Your girls are going to always remember that fun trip with their buddies! I love the pic with the redbud trees on the side of the road. I'm impressed that Baby Kate even camped! Tents? We've been thinking about when we can take Brian camping for the first time.