Sunday, October 4, 2009

Teachable moments

Today we were watching conference and I told my girls I wanted them to stay and listen.  We had halloween candy out and they kept asking for some.  So I told them if they could report back to me one thing they learned, they could have a treat.  President Monson was first, so Jeana was listening intently on Saturday morning.  He said something along the lines of, "We are grateful that there are so many methods in which people all over the world can watch or listen to conference, by TV, internet or radio."  Jeana then turned to me and said, "Mom he is talking about electricity.  Now, can I have a treat?"  Well, She was listening, I guess she just missed the point.  Oh well.  Abby's answer was "about temples."  Though she tried that same one twice without expanding on the subject. 

3 comments:

Sherry said...

We do conference bingo. Give the kids small candies to put on conference words(family, love, son, etc.) When you get a bingo you can eat those candy markers. This has really helped my kids listen! They can even go for a blackout if they have enough will power!

Unknown said...

Well done Jean, well done. That is my kind of summary.

Julie Ann said...

Cute post! I certainly have a testimony of the conference Ensign! ps Looking for calendar pics, so send me your favs!
wantsrest@hotmail.com