Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter Fun...



I have always wanted to try my hand at a braided bread Easter basket.  I always see pictures of really cute ones in magazines and thought it would be fun.  Well, in the end, I decided it wasn't very fun or successful so unless someone has great tips...that was a one and ONLY attempt.
Here are the girls with our friend Lynn.  She is a sweetheart.  We had to take a picture with them in their Easter Dresses with her because she was overly kind and actually got the girls Easter dresses.  So, thanks Lynn for making my girls look so cute!
Here is my attempt to take a cute Easter pic of the girls...obviously this is as good as it gets.
Abby sportin' her Easter Basket with her good friend 'Pinkie Pie' this was her reward for stopping thumb-sucking.  We worked for months on incentives, punishments, sticker charts,nasty polished, toys etc...and nothing worked.  So, Abby and I sat down to chat to see what she thought would work.  She proceeded to tell me about this toy she had seen in a store months earlier.  I faintly remembered seeing it, but didn't know where we found it, so we got on to Amazon.com and found the pony.  I printed off a picture and she carried that picture around forever.  I told her if she could go two weeks with no thumb, she could have it.  I didn't even have to give her warnings...it worked like a charm.  Thumbsucking was over!  She did great for months, then we tried to get rid of pull-ups at night (she is a very deep sleeper) and out of spite of getting her up to potty one night, she deliberately looked at me, then stuck her thumb back in...and well, nothing has worked since...even taking her toy away.  Oh well, hopefully she'll get over it someday.  I did have a dream a few days later that I had another baby and was adamant  that the baby only take a pacifier!  Hee hee.  Though Abby was such an easy baby because of it....just didn't know it would be so hard to break the habit.  

Posing with Easter Bunny at a local church Egg Hunt.
Look what we found!

The girls and I love to make treats for the 'grandmas' who live on our street.  So, we made so yummy Easter Nests to take around....

Of course the spring day we delivered the treats, it was raining hard...so after delivery, the kids made the most of the weather.

0 comments: